We all have our little secrets that we’d rather not talk about. For the sake of this article, I will share my experience and hope it will help others. When I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes back in 2009, there was so much sugar in my body that I began to notice boils in my penile area which resulted in erectile dysfunction. My doctor gave me a prescription drug for the boils. But regaining my erectile function took more than prescription drug. This is my story.
There are two main types of diabetes. Type 1 and type 2. 10% of all diabetes are type 1. The remaining 90% are type 2. With type 1 diabetes, the pancreas no longer works. This means the patient requires manual insulin injection to transport sugar to the muscles which is to be used as energy. With type 2 diabetes, the pancreas still works. It secretes the same amount of insulin, a hormone, responsible for carrying sugar into your blood stream to be absorbed by the red blood cells and carried to the muscles to be used for energy that fuel our bodies.
Understanding type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a progressive condition. It starts as pre-diabetes. If nothing is done, it progresses to type 2 diabetes. From there, sugar build-up in the body continues to do more damage. Type 2 diabetes occurs when there is build up of sugar in a person body over several years. The insulin secreted by the pancreas is not enough to transport the excess sugar into the blood stream. Some of that excess sugar remains in the body. It begins to degrade the body while damaging the victim’s internal organs and even causing heart disease, liver failure, and blindness. That same sugar build-up can cause impotence, according to America Diabetes Association.
How diabetes affects erectile function
Erectile dysfunction occurs when sugar build-up in the diabetic’s body, not the diabetes, finds its way into the nerves in the penile area just as it finds its way into other parts of the body such as the heart, liver, eye and it damages these organs. The sugar begins to weakened the nerves in the penile area leading to erectile dysfunction just like it weakens the nerves on it’s victim legs leading to leg amputation, if action is not taken.
Penile dysfunction Transformation
Research result after research result have demonstrated that, the human body can heal itself when it is given what it needs to fix itself. For example, if you cut your finger seriously enough to visit emergency, the doctor gives you pain killer, the pain killer blocks the part of the brain responsible for making you feel pain. This way, you don’t feel pain while your finger heals.
There is a saying that goes, “people who are successful at anything are those who take action”. To begin to heal from my erectile dysfunction and my diabetes, I began to research and discovered a 3-step program that transformed me. The program failed at first until I committed to it. I told my doctor that that I must share my knowledge with others and help them. To which he replied, “That is an excellent idea”. This exchange resulted in my recent book, “Diabetics Journey: How Type 2 Diabetes Can be Reversed and Cured”. I now teach others who have erectile dysfunction, or who are pre-diabetic or type 2 diabetic regain their good health, through my book and website Just For Diabetics
Ernest Quansah is a Lifestyle Strategist and expert in weight management as well as in diabetic health. He is highly sought after internationally as a keynote speaker. He is the author of “Diabetics Journey”, and founder of Just For Diabetics .